Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Choo Choo I'm Two!

I wish I could take credit for the title, but it was on a shirt my mother gave Doug for his birthday. Instead of having a big party like we did last year, we decided on having a small family gathering this year. The day before his birthday we had my family over for BBQ and cake. On Doug's actual birthday, Jeff stayed home and we let Doug open his gifts from us. I think Doug had a fairly good time.


He had a Thomas themed cake this year. Surprising, I know.


My brother surprised Doug with fish! They are a big hit and are still alive a week later!




We gave him a Thomas alphabet puzzle that he had to put together right away.




We also gave him a trike, which he's still getting the hang of.



This is a slice of cake on his actual birthday. Doug's version of the birthday song goes something like this, "Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday! (blow, blow)". We never did manage to get that on video.

Here's to the beginning of the third year!

No comments:

Post a Comment