Monday, February 22, 2010

The Inevitable has happened!

Well, It's finally happened. At approximately 5:22 am I decided that today I would start a blog. Please note that it's taken nearly 12 hours from the time I decided to do it until it actually happened. I can already hear my husbands sighs and see his eye rolls. But you know what? I'm sitting with my feet up and not running around like a whirling dervish cleaning. Which, as my parents are coming over later tonight and as our house looks like, well, it looks like I live here, maybe I should.

Anyway, I noticed the other night while Jeff was looking at his face book home page that nearly a third of the status updates there were in fact mine. I've also been running into the text limit there a lot lately too. And as I seem to have many opinions (I blame the pregnancy), a blog just seemed like a good idea. We shall see how it goes. And I shall try to not flood everyone's home page on FB with 87 updates each day. I consider it a public service. I mean, I think if I was friends with me, I'd ignore myself.

On the pregnancy front: Stick a fork in me, I'm done. Unfortunately, the baby is not. I've still got two more very long, never ending weeks until we hit that magical 37 week mark. I often wonder if I'm going to make it that far as I seem to be having more contractions, especially when I'm out walking. I told Jeff I might just walk to my next ob appointment and see what happens. He was not amused.
Over the weekend Jeff finished getting the nursery together as I diligently helped him. Actually, I took a nap for three hours. But just about everything is in place and we'd be in good shape if the baby came tomorrow.

I've noticed that a lot of people are antsy about the sex of the baby. I wonder many things about the baby, but the gender isn't very high up there. Right now my biggest question is WHEN? When will the baby come? Will my water break or not?

Oh well, signing off for now!

2 comments:

  1. Katie! I'm so happy for you!! Can't wait to hear more than the facebook text limit from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging!! It's fun and I can't wait to read more from you.

    Ali =)

    ReplyDelete