Thursday, April 8, 2010

Holy Cheese Grater Batman!

He slept! It was amazing! Last night he slept in two and half hour increments. It doesn't sound like much, but it was just... wow. Generally he eats every 3 hours. From start to finish to new diaper, its about 45 minutes and then he needs to sit upright for 30-60 minutes, so it's a process. This morning I got greedy though, I was lamenting the fact that babies don't come with snooze alarms. I was able to coax another half hour out of him by letting him sleep on my chest for a while. The new formula seems to be working, other than it seems to give him horrible constipation. We called the pediatrician and we need to give him 4oz of water once a day now. I'm not thrilled about that, but hopefully it will help.
And now, gratuitous baby pictures!



I know Doug doesn't have enough head control for the Bumbo, but I wanted to see if there was a possibility of propping him up with blankets so he could sit up right while I did very important Mommy things. Like paint my toe nails. As you can see, Doug did not enjoy it. He's also hysterical when he's mad.



This is where Doug sleeps. On a coffee table. We bought this co-sleeper bassinet to put in bed with us, which we did for the first night. Unfortunately, our bed is a a queen, so there was little room with the bassinet in the middle. Jeff came up with the coffee table idea. Initially, I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard. It works out nicely, there's only a gap of an inch or so between the wall and the table and Doug is within easy reach.



This was attempted tummy time last night.



Here's Doug in his Mommy powered bouncer. I will have the most muscular ankles on the block!



This is what happened while I was getting ready for bed. Both of my boys are all tuckered out!

No comments:

Post a Comment