Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I think I brushed my teeth...?

So the posts have been a little scanty lately. My in-laws were here visiting from Kansas City for two weeks and left this past Friday. Since then we've been trying to get back into the swing of things and get Doug on a schedule (insert sarcastic laugh here). Even as I type, he's grunting. I don't know why. He's been fed and changed. My only explanation is that he knows when my lap is being occupied by my laptop and not him. But I digest (ahahaha).

While the in-laws were here, they took Doug in the morning, which was heaven. They'd come and get him around 8 so I could enjoy a few hours of delicious, mouth watering, uninterrupted sleep and they could enjoy Doug. I'm pretty sure they've spoiled me. Saturday night and Sunday morning I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep. We decided to just get up and go to the 8am church service as we'd just have to wake up an hour after it anyway to get ready for the 11. We tried to take a nap afterward, but Doug would not have it. Sunday night went very much the same way, and at 7 am, I made Jeff call my mom to come over and watch him while Jeff went to work and I slept. I could barely form sentences at the time, so it was really best that Jeff called. At one point that night I was thinking to myself, "Man, I could really use a sick day. Too bad they don't exist anymore!". So my Mom came and saved the day and I slept so I could be a sane person.

Last night I was better able to cope with Doug, however he's back on a three hour schedule. The child sucks down a 5 oz bottle like he's never been fed before every three hours! I very much suspect he's on another growth spurt. Anyway, so he's been eating every three hours, so let me break that down for you. So, he cries because he's hungry, so I get the bottle and start feeding him (approx 45 minutes). Then, he gets a new diaper (5-10 minutes, depending on diaper contents and the cooperation of the diapee). So that kills almost an hour. Then he's usually up for an hour afterward (so, 2 hours since this whole thing started). He's generally very good when he's up, as long as you don't put him in his bassinet. He will very happily lay next to you, but oh no, don't even think about putting him down, you evil, sadistic person! Then about, 15-20 minutes before he wakes up in earnest, he fusses occasionally. Which means I get about 40 minutes to sleep, assuming I can get back to sleep. So, you can see why, at 7:25 am, when the home owners association started mowing, I nearly lost it.

I called my Mom at 9, and she was able to be over around ten so I could sleep. I intended to only sleep for a few hours, but I woke up and it was 10 of 4! I'm pretty sure I could have slept through anything. Apparently my brother was over too, I was bummed that I missed him. He always raves about how good Doug smells, so I think some one is getting some No More Tears body wash for Christmas! He can be the man your baby could smell like!

The rest of the week is quite busy. I have my 6 week postpartum appointment with my endocrinologist tomorrow, I have a feeling that my thyroid is a little on the low side, but not too much. I've also looked up this local bakery. I'd like to hit them up tomorrow and see if I'd like Doug's baptism cake to be made there. I'm really excited about the possibility of a cake tasting! I read their reviews online, and I had to laugh. My parent's neighbor (who I grew up with) evidently got his wedding cake there and loved it! I'm quite optimistic. Then on Thursday one of my girl friends is coming over to chill out. I really need mindless movie and pizza time.

Friday is my 6 week ob appointment. I have a feeling my Dr. isn't going to be thrilled with my incision. Well, heck, I'm not thrilled with it! It was doing well until about the third week. I hadn't used any of the painkillers prior to then, but I pissed off my incision and it's been angry since then. They tell you not to lift things, exercise or run up and down the stairs. All very obvious things, in my opinion. What they don't tell you is to not jump out of bed, roll over in bed frequently, use your foot to bounce the boncer, rock in a rocking chair or push shopping carts. All very normal, but bad things for recovery! I think it's finally starting to get better, but I have a feeling it'll be another week or two until I'm good as new.

Friday is date night! My parents are going to sit with him. I don't care where we go, as long as we don't have to lug stuff with us!

Anyway, that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment