Friday, June 18, 2010

Casual Friday

I remember looking forward to wearing jeans to work once a month. I'd be excited about it all week, some times it was even enough to get me out of bed when I felt ill. Well, now Doug and I have our own casual Fridays.

Doug and I have been busy all week, running errands and visiting people. Today, I decided that we'd just hang out at home. Unfortunately, I had a horrible sinus headache this morning. I really just needed to sleep for a few hours, so I called my mom. She came over and sat with Doug until I woke up at noon. Before she left, she mentioned that Doug had pretty much been awake since 9. So, I fed myself and started to feed Doug. And feed him and feed him. Over the course of an hour he'd only taken 3 of the 7 ounces in his bottle. At one point I lifted him to my shoulder to burp him and he felt like he'd lost all his bones! He fell asleep while I attempted to burp him. I was still in my night gown and he seemed desperate to sleep, so we just got back in bed. He curled up next to me and slept for about two and a half hours. When he woke up he was seriously hungry! So we had a nice bottle and then some cuddling and play time in bed. At 5 I decided that it was time for us to get up.

I like this new kind of casual Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment